#030: Co-Parenting With A Difficult Ex
Are you having a tough time co-parenting with your difficult ex? Or maybe too many personal emotions from the divorce/separation get in the way of you co-parenting effectively with your ex-partner.
Co-Parenting with a difficult ex can bring out the worst in you. And if you don’t handle the situation properly, you may find yourself setting a bad example for your child. Kids are highly sensitive to their parents’ behavior especially during and after a divorce. On this episode, we share tips on how to handle a difficult ex who is not cooperating with you.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- No argument here. It’s frustrating when you work so hard to give your children the stability they need, while a non-cooperative ex can jeopardize everything you work for. Knowing the importance of co-parenting and the immense influence it has on your child’s well being, we came up with the Do’s & Don’ts of co-parenting with a difficult ex.
- We share the most important tips on how to handle conversations with your ex while not falling into old habits of more fighting.
- We also share what you should avoid doing knowing your ex is most likely not going to change anytime soon.
If you already have a co-parenting plan that your ex is not implementing, you want to try some of our tips here. However, we always suggest turning to professional help when things get out of hand. Afterall, it’s your kids’ life we’re talking about here and their well being is of most importance. If you haven’t created a plan yet, our tips here can be of benefit to your conversations creating one.
Check out this episode’s highlights:
- Why you should avoid tit-for-tat at all cost.
- How you can have a surprisingly pleasant and calm conversation with your ex without feeling like a total fake.
- What talking poorly about your ex does to your kids can do and why you want to avoid it.
- What’s the 30-minute rule and how it can help you keep the peace.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Listen to this episode on iTunes:
If you would like to discuss co-parenting with a therapist, and if you’re in Aventura, Miami, North Miami Beach, Sunny Isles, Miami Beach or anywhere else in Florida, give me a call at 305-507-9955 or visit iditsharoni.com/contact.