# 031: Do Good Parenting and Relationship Issues Go Together?
In between your relationship issues and life concerns you have kids to raise. And quite honestly, you don’t have time to wait for things to improve because your children need good parenting now. So the answer is YES, good parenting can go with relationship issues.
If you’ve been dancing around arguing with your spouse and handling your kids, you must know how tough this can be. Chances are, your kids act out even more as your relationship issues get worse. I know of a way to help you with your parenting issues until you get your relationship where it needs to be. So this time, instead of helping you improve your relationship, we’re going to help you buy time. Time as a good parent while you’re fixing thing up with your spouse.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- As much as constant relationship issues can deplete your energy, it is mostly important to keep good parenting to a certain level. We tell you how you can do this.
- We understand you may not be on the best terms with your spouse, but we came up with 4 pillars to guide you through this difficult time. And… keep your head (parent head) above water.
- Hey, these are actually also good for times when your relationship is on better terms, so you can continue to use the information forever. Or, at least until your kids leave home.
Check out these highlights:
- My message to couples who handle relationship issues while parenting children. [01:08]
- Why you want to keep the good parenting even when you’re so depleted by your marriage issues. I also talk about how all of this influences your kids. [01:32]
- This might not surprise you, but I still wanted to talk about when children really thrive. This gives you an overall understanding of why bother with all of this good parenting thing in the first place. [04:34]
- We start with Pillar 1: The Family Structure and Hierarchy and why it is essential to understand if you want to parent right. [05:55]
- And continue with Pillar 2: The Right Kind of Boundaries: what are clear boundaries and how to create them with a partner whom you’re having issues with. [08:10]
- Pillar 3: Unity: how you can still work as a team even though you’re having major disagreements going on. [11:55]
- Lastly, Pillar 4: What Your Kids Shouldn’t Hear: what to keep out of your children’s business. [15:15]
Listen to this episode on iTunes: