#025: Staying After Infidelity – Mistake #3
Are you trying to forgive and forget after infidelity, but with no success? Have you found moving on to be almost impossible? You’re probably losing hope that you’ll ever be happy with the person who betrayed you. Could it be that you’re doing it all wrong? Hang in there and listen to this episode to find out.
You’re past the shock phase of finding out infidelity happened in your relationship. Some time may have passed and you decided to stay and work things out. You’ve been wanting to heal, but you still find yourself in dark places. Depressed, irritable, and anxious are only some words to describe how you feel after infidelity. But here’s the thing: it has been a while and your partner (and maybe others) expects you to feel better already. You hear “You’ve got to move on”, “You need to forgive and forget”, and “We need to turn a new page”. The pressure to get past this isn’t helping and is only making you less hopeful.
It’s not that you don’t want to do all of the above. You probably secretly pray that the pain will go away and that you wouldn’t care as much. Oh, wouldn’t it be amazing not feeling hurt so badly? Not having to wake up and go to sleep thinking about it? How about not having to see life as the before or after your trust was broken?
Why you’ve got to listen to this episode:
- See what’s getting you stuck and unable to move on and heal.
- Understand exactly why it’s happening to you now.
- Learn what you can do as a couple to avoid getting stuck. Hint: can’t skip any steps in the healing process. Hint 2: Download the freebie to see which step you’ve skipped.
- Learn what you can do if forgiveness is not possible and if forgetting isn’t happening.
In this episode of Relationships Uncomplicated Podcast, I explain the 3rd mistake that couples make that’s getting them stuck while in the healing process. I concentrate on two main issues to shed light on what couples can do to avoid this mistake: skipping important steps in the healing process, and expecting forgiveness early on.
And you’ve got to get this episode’s freebie:
To help you avoid skipping ANY steps in the healing after infidelity process, I came up with a special freebie for you. Mistake #3: The Step By Step Overall Healing After Infidelity Plan is a PDF couples guide that presents all the phases of the healing and the checkpoints in each phase. This overview of the healing after infidelity process is a great tool if you want to see:
- What you’re up against as you’re trying to heal after infidelity.
- Where you’re at in the process right now, and what still needs to happen so you fully recover.
- Or learn if you’ve skipped any important steps so you can go back go back and fix that.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Episode Freebie: Mistake #3: The Step By Step Overall Healing After Infidelity Plan