#027: Self Assess Your Relationship
Do you feel confused about your relationship? Does something feel off between you and your partner but you cannot figure what the problem is? If this sounds familiar it might be time to self assess your relationship.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- On today’s episode I’m going to walk you through self assessing your relationship. Being able to assess your relationship can give you an overall perspective when you’re not sure what the specific issue is.
- I’m introducing you to the No.1 couples assessment method in the US today, and I walk you through the Sound Relationship House Theory by Drs. John & Julie Gottman.
- You get a chance to rank how you’re doing on each level of this theory and come out with a pretty good guesstimate of where your relationship is at.
It is important to zoom out sometimes when you examine your relationship. So, rather than look into specific issues, take a look at the whole picture. What I absolutely love about this way of assessing your relationship is the fact that it helps you see the weaknesses as well as the strengths. So you can do more of what works, and make changes where needed.
Check out these highlights:
- How I look at a couple’s’ relationship when they come to therapy.
- How I put the pieces together to help their relationship and how you can apply the same approach when looking at your own relationship.
- Important key points to a strong relationship based on Dr. Gottman’s Sound Relationship House Theory based on 40 years of research.
- Rank yourself on each level of the Sound Relationship House Theory. You get to assess your relationship.
TIP: You’ll want to have a pen and paper for this episode for the ranking part.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Listen to this episode on iTunes:
If you are struggling in your relationship and you feel it’s time to speak to a therapist, visit iditsharoni.com/contact. I help couples in Aventura, Sunny Isles, North Miami Beach, Miami and surrounding areas.